Discover more from The Journal 425
Wednesday Links: Tommies "have lots of question marks", Stanwood to host concussion doc, Eagle soph impresses, Wildcats flex seniority...
I plan on catching the second of today's two practices and will bring along the Flip, so we might have some video and at least a practice update with some live tweeting a little later on.
Until then, a few links to pass along.
- Tom Wyrich and the Seattle Times prep team have their first prep rankings out, and Stanwood is the only Wesco team that earns even an 'on the bubble' mention. This is usually par for the course with the King County media.
- Mike Cane at the Herald passes along the note that a noted concussion specialist is giving a speech tonight at Stanwood. One wonders if some of the parents are a bit uneasy after watching Stanwood's Ben Zipp get airlifted off the field last season. Cane reports that Zipp has made a full recovery, but has yet to suit up.
- Cane must be reading our blog too, or at least reading Doug Pacey, because he passes along the TNT and Ron Siegel's all state teams as well.
- The Whidbey News Times has this preview of Oak Harbor football, stating that Coach Jay Turner welcomes back 30 seniors. Should be an up year for the perennially strong (last year the exception that proves the rule) Wildcats.
- The always busy (and always good) Danielle Sczulczewski of the Arlington Times/Marysville Globe has this slideshow and report from Arlington. The Eagles apparently have three capable QB's not counting Jake Parduhn. Coach Greg Dailer also expects big things from sophomore QB/WR Blake McPherson - who lettered as a frosh last year.
- Proving that she is everywhere at once, Ms. Sczulczewski files this report today from Tommie camp, revealing that M-P coach Brendon Carson is concerned about a lack of depth, as he states in the story that the Tommies "have a lot of question marks".
All for now.