Discover more from The Journal 425
Thursday Night Update
It was throwback day on campus, as all of the Vikes sported their Pee Wee (or whatever they call it) football jerseys. Popular Lake Stevens standbys such as the Rams and the Fighting Irish were well represented by the current Vikes. I snapped a couple pics with the phone to share with y'all:
Ferocious DE/OT Zach Teuber. By the way, we are working on a profile of Zach for a later date. And speaking of dates, apparently Teuber has the hottest homecoming date in history. At least that's what he was telling Eric Huswick and Nick Baker.
WR/DE Eric Huswick has outgrown his youth league jersey.
Kinda funny that one of the state's leading receivers didn't even have an eligible number back in the day.
Duke sported the green of the Fightin' Irish Thursday.
WR/S Brandon "Sunshine" Preslar just turned 15, so he was probably wearing this jersey last year :)
At the end of practice frosh K Donavan Granston booted a 35-yarder through the uprights with plenty to spare.
A few notes and links to pass on:
RB/S Bo Dickinson is still suffering from the cracked vertebrae sustained versus Stanwood and will not play tomorrow.
QB Nick Baker kicked a lousy punt during practice. Good to know he's not perfect at everything!
- The Herald has its preview of tomorrow's game posted, with two out of three "experts" calling for a M-P victory.
- The Seattle Times begs to differ, predicting a 38-35 Viking win.
- All three of the Tacoma News-Tribune's prep writers see a Viking victory in the making.
- Don't forget to check out the blog and video on Dylan Youngblood
- Earlier, we posted details on the Lake Stevens School District's timeline for the new stadium construction.
I'm tired and ready for bed. We'll have the game preview and pick up and running in the early afternoon tomorrow.
All for now.