Discover more from The Journal 425
- The Seattle Times has a weekend preview for its Top Ten teams (Lake Stevens is listed at #10 in 4A), and the Times has this to say about your Vikes: "Bo Dickinson's 100-yard TD return sparked victory at Mariner."
- Prep football fans, scouts and journalists will converge Friday at Wolverine Stadium in Bellevue, where the Wolverines host Bothell. Bothell is coming of a 24-13 loss at Issaquah - its first regular season loss in over two years. It figures to be a pretty wild scene Friday, with spectators expected to have to cross the picket line of striking Bellevue teachers in order to reach the stands.
- The Times also has a bit on all the impressive Wesco rushers, including Marysville-Pilchuck Junior RB Austin Denton who rushed for over 200 yards in his first start after the Tommies' starting back went down in practice.
- Tom Wyrich calls Snohomish @ M-P this Friday one of this weekend's four biggest games in the State. Wyrich predicts a 28-20 Panther victory, saying "Tomahawk chop? More likely, Tomahawks might get chopped. Panther ground game too good."
- Glacier Peak has a football website up and running. It sucks.