Discover more from The Journal 425
Sunday Afternoon Update
After another dreary Friday and Saturday, at least my Niners are putting it to the Eagles. Then again, it's still only the third quarter...UPDATE - the Eagles are winning. Oh well.
It's hard to rehash the M-P game and give analysis. The Vikes got their ass kicked, and it's time to move on. Unfortunately, key leaders like Bo Dickinson, Nick Baker and Dylan Youngblood are really banged up. We'll update their status later.
Also, I spoke with Coach Tom Tri today, and he had just finished watching film. He was very disappointed in the effort of the offensive line in particular. He said that he will be reopening competition at several positions on the o-line depth chart effective immediately. More on the conversation with Tri later.
I've got a lot to pass on in the way of links:
If you're looking for a photo diary of the M-P/LS game, you can't do any better than Seattle Times photographer Rod Mar's Best Seat in the House blog. We won't be doing a typical photo diary this week, instead trying to focus on the positives from Friday. If that is possible:)
Mitch passed along the following Herald photo diary, with the following rhetorical comment: So, you want to play Varsity QB and get all the press huh?
Go here for the Seattle Times game story, here for the Herald game story, and here for the PI game story.
And how about a quick trip around Wesco:
- We see that Stanwood knocked off Oak Harbor to move into fourth place in league, one spot out of the playoffs.
- Matt Robertson has the highlights from Jackson's romp over Kamiak.
- Arlington handled Monroe, as the Bearcats played with WR Connor Shelford at QB in place of the injured Brian Sonneveldt.
- Also noteworthy, Cascade QB turned FB Aaron Frye rushed for 280 yards Friday, one week after putting up 250-plus in his debut at the position - but it wasn't enough to hold off Snohomish.
- Also, Shorecrest tripped up highly-ranked Meadowdale, and E-W is back after blanking Mariner on the road.
Later today, we'll take a detailed look at the Wesco playoff picture, and we'll take a look at the state rankings. Has Jackson cracked the top ten? We'll also update the injury situation, and we'll post pics from Friday's game and also Saturday's Central at Western game, which Purple and Gold Pigskin covered in person.
All for now.