Discover more from The Journal 425
Monday Afternoon Update
About to head out to practice...
Please vote in our new poll. Rob and I need to figure out what you want before we quit our day jobs.
The Viking statistical leaders columns are updated, thanks as always to Mike Anderton for the official statistics.
Aside from the individual stats, we thought we'd pass on a few other interesting numbers for you to consider:
- Lake has outscored opponents 36-24, on average
- Lake averages over 70 yards in penalties per game, while Viking opponents average just under 29 yards in penalties/game.
- Duke Dolphin is averaging 34 yards per punt
- The Vikings have outpassed opponents 2,015 to 926, with 21 TD's to their opponent's 9 TD's
- On a per game basis, the Vikings have outgained opponents 415 to 281
- The Vikings surrender an average 149 yards/game on the ground, an average of 4.3 yards/carry. However, Lake gains an average of 123 yards/game on the ground, with a per carry average of 4.2.
Some interesting numbers there, especially in the rushing category. It seems as if opponents have really outgained the Vikes on the ground, but outside of M-P, that's really not the case. It's also interesting how the Spread offense disguises run yardage - you never really see a back with 20 carries for 100 yards, but at the end of the game, the team totals are right up there. Remember, the official rushing yards also subtract 109 yards in sacks, as Anderton counts sacks against the rushing total, as opposed to the NFL, where sacks are counted against the "Team Passing Yardage" category.
We'll be back later with pics, news from practice, and some links.
All for now.