Discover more from The Journal 425
Mariner Week: Wednesday AM Links
Well, just got done reading the Herald's Glacier Peak preview.
Wait, you tell me that's their Wesco preview?
So is Glacier Peak the only team in Wesco?
You say there are 18 other Wesco teams not called Glacier Peak?
The hell you say.
As if last year's special section dedicated to Glacier Peak and the fawning preseason coverage of the Grizzlies by Cane and company wasn't enough to make you wonder if someone's got a crush on Rory...here's some more:
- In the main story, Cane focuses on the Grizzlies returning every player.
- In the sidebar story, it's more GP, as apparently the Grizzlies run "the spread" offense. Whatever the heck that is. This would've been a nice opportunity to write about some of the OTHER teams that run the spread, but no, it's all GP all the time at the Herald.
- In a shocking development, Glacier Peak's John Froland is a player to watch.
- Here are the respective Wesco North, South and 3A previews. Cane and Co. have the Vikings third in Wesco North.
- Here's a look at M-P's Austin Denton and Jackson's Riley Carr.
Taking a look at the Seattle Times coverage...
- Wesco 4A capsules and conference breakdowns are pretty solid. Here's the 3A version.
- The Times also focuses on Froland, but here's a good feature on Auburn's Chris Young - a future Husky (woof!).
- Finally, here's the Times' preseason top ten, all state team, and a list of the top ten prep games of the season.
AND IN CASE YOU MISSED IT -
The Vikings' Duke Dolphin is likely out for the season as we reported yesterday. :(