Discover more from The Journal 425
HEIN REPORT - Ripped jeans were his favorite: he'd jam his fingers deep into the seams. She said no. He pushed harder. He was 55. She was 15
The LSPD investigative report details three girls struggling to overcome Hein's sociopathic "grooming", unwanted touching, boundary issues and physical mental harm
Despite numerous clumsy attempts to declare himself innocent or absolved of any wrong doing, the results of a lengthy criminal investigation conducted by the Lake Stevens Police Department reviewed numerous serious administrative and legal breaches as well as a tendency for pain-inducing sociopathy. Together, this information formed some of the basis for Hein’s arrest a week ago.
The report, written by and LSPD detective at the culmination of a lengthy probe, details Mark Hein’s abusive and inappropriate relationships with three 15 year old girls.
And, contrary to rumor, this report wasn’t prompted by victims, family or anyone else local, for that matter.
Instead, the referral arrived from a state therapist — concerned by the rapid physical and mental decline of a straight-A student who’d been subjected to Hein's withering 'affection'.
The disturbing report then details a series of sociopathic behavior that crosses nearly every boundary imaginable — including Hein disregarding numerous direct orders before eventually making the female investigator uncomfortable by unnecessarily touching her and holding his leg against her
- Contrary to repeated public statements claiming to be absolved or exonerated, in point of fact Mark acknowledged his receipt of numerous official warnings and told LSPD investigators that he knew a Letter of Direction had been issued to him by the district due to “boundary-type invasions” that were discovered by the school’s investigation.
- He said he considered the administrative direction requiring him to “not engage” with a victim that wanted him to stay away at all times “really unfair toward[himself].”
- After victims transferred out of his classes and/or obtained official administrative help in barring him from contact, he’d simply task other teachers with the job of finding his victim.
- He powered through a victim’s “NO!” by quickening the pace of his touches.
- He ignored multiple direct stated no contact orders sent to him by the superiors, terrorizing his targets and ruining their illusion of safety
Hein completes a laundry list of the groomer’s go-to behaviors: he attempts to isolate his targets (he floats overnight trips to Young Life and attempts to schedule girls into his planning period), and constant conversational turns into sexual or sexual-adjacent topics (so what is it you and your boyfriend are doing when no one else is around?) and he showers his targets with special attention, favors and gifts.
Paralyzed initially by fear, the 15 year old victim eventually worked up the courage to demonstrate how he rubbed her thigh by imitating the motion with a spare arm. She placed her open hand palm down on the top of upper thigh. She rubbed her hand along her thigh until her fingertips reached her knee, then rubbed her hand back up her thigh to the approximate starting point.
- One teen victim referenced in document
The report details how one girl was forced to sit next to him behind a giant oversized desk, the two of them facing the rest of the class, as beneath the opaque desktop Hein forced the victim to intertwine her legs with his in an immobilizing fashion.
With the victim where he wanted her: at his giant desk, intertwined and immobilized, Hein’ was then free to explore her body at his leisure.
He’d shimmy his hand inside her pants…palming her bare skin… slowly rubbing her from upper thigh to the top of the knee …and then back…
Paralyzed initially by fear, the victim eventually worked up the courage to say “no” to Hein’s uninvited touching. Hein ignored her command1, informed her that he was doing nothing wrong and continued touching her in anyway he saw fit.
Locked in this situation daily, the girl said she battled madness, ultimately requiring specialized trauma therapy. This and other behavior laid out in the newly released report paint a picture of a man with no regard for the feelings of others, and completely lacking in self-awareness.
She demonstrated how he rubbed her thigh by rubbing her own thigh. She placed her open hand palm down on the top of upper thigh. She rubbed her hand along her thigh until her fingertips reached her knee, then rubbed her hand back up her thigh to the approximate starting point. Mark would also rub her arm in a similar manner. He touched her thigh at least one time each class. - LSPD Report