Discover more from The Journal 425
21-21 at halftime
Again, I'm in Yakima (where my column got second place. I'm gonna kill whoever got first), so I can't give you a firsthand report, but here's what I've heard from Bo and Rob -
- It's raining cats and dogs, playing conditions are tough.
- DT Dylan Youngblood carried the ball on the first two plays from scrimmage - one run was good for around 15 yards. Youngblood carried later near the goal line and scored a 3-yard rushing touchdown later in the half.
- Nick Baker opened the scoring on a QB sneak, and later hit WR Tyler Bryant for a TD pass.
- Lake led 21-14 late in the second quarter, but Jackson RB Taylor Cox (who is playing after all) broke off a 83-yard TD run.
- Rob says that it appears that Lake Stevens is clearly the better team, but again, mistakes have cost them dearly. He cited one play where he said that CB Colton Tupen had a look at an interception , but miss timed his jump, and the Jackson receiver caught the ball for a huge gain.
Jackson gets the ball to start the second half.
Hopefully, I'll have more details later.